1. A Los Angeles Union stagehand was fired while setting up a stage for President Obama for wearing a shirt depicting the George H. W. Bush aircraft carrier his son is currently deployed on. That is almost as large of a union violation as actually working eight hours in any one day.
2. NASA announced that they purposefully crashed a rocket into a moon crater and discovered billions of gallons of water. This discovery could lead to more manned missions to the moon, but finding pilots to willingly crash a vehicle is not easy…maybe Junior Seau is available.
3. A former NPR broadcaster was fired for mentioning, on another network, that he gets a little nervous when a certain “group” of people board an aircraft with him. I am so glad that no one can listen to my thought when boarding.
My list is huge…guy that smells, lady bigger than the seat, two-year old kid, sweaty person and…
4. I would like to say that Russell Brand marrying Katy Perry this weekend gives hope to the awkward looking funny guy landing a superstar wife. But, Russell only qualifies for one of those two “brands” and “funny” isn’t one of them.
5. I am now thinking that Randy Quaid’s role in Independence Day wasn’t really a character “reach” for him. I’d suggest Will Smith come and save him again…too bad he’s too busy pushing his family on the rest of the us.