1. After gaining fame, a house and a job, Ted “Golden Voice” Williams has fallen off the wagon and is now going into rehab….I wonder if “Gold Paint” was his vice. (This is just an excuse to use my favorite photo.)
2. Charlie Sheen called into work sick today. There was no surprise that his ailment was an infection. The shocker was that the infection was in his ear.
3. The Pittsburgh Penguins are not setting a time-table regarding Sidney Crosby’s return from the injury list…as the first NHL player to actually have a period, doctors are a bit confused. Fans outside of Pennsylvania are not surprised.
4. NY Jets players Antonio Cromartie and Shawn Ellis have been critical of Tom Brady all week. They insist that, while they were at home watching him win all those Superbowls on TV, he threw too many TDs making them sit through all those extra commercials.
5. Sometimes jokes don’t ever need to be written because the facts are better…Oprah says she went on a Mac and Cheese eating binge after release of her movie “Beloved” bombed.