***The jokes are at the end…just wait…
About a month ago, I dusted off the old running shoes and decided to get back out there again.
It was the same old routine.
I run a race.
I stop running for a couple of months.
I start running again.
I hurt myself before the race.
I take a couple of months off.
I start running again, then sign up for a race.
It was happening again, until I decided not to sign up for a race…just run. That decision didn’t really come until about lunch time today as I opened up my personal computer and started to write a script idea I came up with while going to bed last night.
For the past two months, I was trying to force a couple of my classic holiday stories into a Christmas episode of my series and it never really worked.
I started with an outline of each Act…from start to finish. And it never worked.
Although I only four pages made it onto the “paper” today through multiple interruptions at my desk during lunch hour, which I normally work through, they were four good pages and the start of a funny story.
It was then that I realized that things are pretty good right where they are.
A healthy mix of family time, creativity, exercise and, of course, work is right where things need to be. My life has always been about setting a goal and then achieving it…only to set another one.
So, if I signed up for another race, I would just be falling into that old trap again.
***Just so you don’t think I have turned all sentimental…
1. The one time I was involved in anything like “Weiner Gate” was at 17 after miscalculating a jump escaping from my girlfriends’ window.
2. After a second European banker getting busted at a hotel, I would be very self-conscious if I was a New York City maid that couldn’t get laid.
3. Jim Tressel told Ohio State players that the days of selling memorabilia & getting free cars are gone. Back to cheating on tests & skipping class.
4. A school teacher in Mexico distracted the kids during gun fight outside by singing a “Barney” song. A Miami teacher tried the same tactic & a kindergartener shot her.
5. Just heard Nick Cannon describe himself as a comedian. I “Googled” “Nick Cannon.” He’s as funny as a hemorrhoid. And equally annoying.