Even in my house, the ‘funny’ gets lost on explaining the News of the Day to someone who doesn’t keep up with current events. Here, I also make the assumption that the reader doesn’t live on an island shut off to society, but I will try to include links to back stories whenever I can.
1. NASA took their new Mars Rover out for a test drive, but admits not having foresight in allowing Asian, Kim Su Chung, to drive it. Fortunately the MAACO is sending up a mobile repairman in 2074.
2. Unfortunately too late for the Olympics, a new sport has been created and the English seem to have an upper…er…hand mastering it. I am not sure I fully understand the rules to ‘Strip Billiards,” but looking at the photos of Prince Harry, I would definitely rule what he is doing a ‘foul.’
3. After his very public and controversial statement on the abortion issue, the Republican National Committee Human Resource Dept. is trying to find a way to remove Todd Akin for being ‘too insensitive…’ a position they surely never thought they’d find themselves in and they are scrambling to find a form for reprimanding someone for a lack of sensitivity.
4. Not to be out done…to ensure thousands of Republicans don’t get ALL of the publicity by screwing up in Tampa at the Republican National Convention, the Democrats will send Joe Biden to make sides even.
5. Nike has announced that they will be selling a Lebron James shoe that will cost $315.00. It is a sad state of affairs when 8 year-old Chinese kids are getting spoiled. It is definitely time to outsource their labor and get them back on Kathie Lee’s stuff.