1. You’ve turned the corner on being cool when you use St. Patrick’s Day as an excuse to make corned beef instead of drinking before 9 am.
2. Greyhound passengers reported roaches crawling out of vents on a trip to New York. In a related story, Carnival expresses interest in purchasing Greyhound.
3. Samsung has announced the release the on new S4 phone that can be controlled with the movements of one’s eye. The Marketing Dept., excited about the new challenge, immediately changed the working name used by Engineering Department of ‘Eyeball Cancer Phone.’
4. It is cool to find out that CBS is hiring small breasted women.
5. Jews saying they welcome the new Pope is like you ‘welcoming’ your neighbor who says he talks to people who aren’t really there.
Things have really gotten out of hand.
Do you know anyone who would say they were offended by this? Not just ’not find it funny,’ but say they are offended.
I mean ANYONE?
As ridiculous as it sounds, of course you know that person. Probably more than one.
We all do.
Last night, Seth MacFarlane set the OFFENSIVE METER on fire by singing about boob we’ve seen in film.
He also raised the bar with these…
He spared no one. Lincoln, Mel Gibson, Jody Foster, Chris Brown, Jessica Chastain, Homosexuals, Himself, Hispanics and countless others.
It can be up to each individual whether or not they believe these ‘bits’ were funny of not. A person’s humor is a part of their inner conscious. And, because of that, it is specific to each person.
You can show me a cat playing with a baby video that you would be sure NO ONE could be offended by:
And I can show you a horrible story about a cat suffocating a baby.
Does the family making the cat video owe the world an apology because their video is offensive?
Do they owe the family an apology?
In the middle of the Social Media frenzy of Live-Tweeting the Oscars last night, The Onion satirically joined the feeding frenzy of insulting every celebrity by one-upping them all by calling a nine-year old actress a ‘c_nt.’
Their intent was to show the world how mean and quick to judgement social media IS…and it WAS…to them.
They were pounded. And deservedly so. The Freedom of Speech comes with a price. The world DEMANDED an apology and The Onion obliged.
I don’t think The Onion needed to apologize to the entire world, but apologizing to that little actress and her family was probably necessary, but not for US to decide. I don’t know if they made an individual apology, that is between them. But the world did get their apology.
I challenge anyone to find something that is both FUNNY and NON-OFFENSIVE to anyone. I don’t even think “funny” is required. Find something ”non-offensive.”
I can find a way to take offense to ANYTHING…and so can society.
You can come up with crappy airline food and I can find someone’s who died after eating some.
You can come up with a ‘socks don’t match joke’ and I can produce someone who is color blind.
It never ends. Someone can take offense to this blog because they are dyslexic.
Somehow, through this age of social media and excessive expression, society has been convinced that their opinions on every single item are important and MUST be addressed.
Just because a person is offended doesn’t necessarily mean that an apology is required.
If we stay on this course, we are all going to have to spend 99% of our time apologizing or wind up spending 100% of it shutting up.
That’s a retarded idea.
This is my second try with Photoshop Elements and a USB Pad plugged into my computer. This took about 1/2 the time…but I haven’t tried any shading yet.
But it is a far cry from the pencil and paper that I am used to using.
Some days, gifts are just dropped on your lap.
Like an early morning Papal resignation. The task is to keep it PG-13 and try to stay away from the Pedophile angle…within reason.
1. After an amazing Christmas performance, Pope Benedict exercises the opt out clause in his contract. Mormons expected to be leading suitor.
2. Pope Benedict realizing his dream & filling a needed role of divine intervention as non-roster invitee as Houston Astros middle reliever.
3. Oddly enough, the list of organization on Pope Benedict’s Non-Comp list includes NAMBLA.
4. It’s alright Pope, there comes a time when all of us realize that our ‘duties’ would be better performed by a younger, more energetic man.
5. Now, Pope Benedict, we also saw the promo for Kate Upton’s SI Swimsuit Issue, but you’ll probably need to fix the ‘energy’ thing for her too…
6. Since no sitting Pope has been replaced in 400 years, I’m pretty sure the new one has to pull a sword out of a big rock or something.
7. Posturing for Papal Inauguration singer already underway. Jay-Z hints Andrea Bocelli isn’t really blind.
8. New candidate platform already being written taking the Catholic Church back to its’ founding principles…Less Bible; More Alcohol.
9. I wish my wife would’ve listened to me and not thrown out my Cardinal Benedict rookie trading card over the weekend…the value of that thing has to be skyrocketing.
10. This is all about dollars, that Papal Retirement plan has been sitting for over 400 years gathering interest.
This is my first attempt at digital cartoon creation. On Friday I purchased a Bamboo drawing tablet to connect via USB directly to my desktop computer.
It is hard to get used to not looking AT what I am creating and the shading/coloring is something that is going to take a very long time to get used to maneuvering. Hopefully, that parts gets better and these cartoons can be created quickly. This one took about two and a half hours…something that would’ve been about twenty minutes with pencil and ink.
1. Iran is trying to convince the world that they hacked into a U.S. drone, but a closer look at the footage released actually shows Maverick buzzing the tower.
2. After announcing Alicia Keys will be performing at Halftime of the All-Star game, the NBA changed it from All-Star weekend to All-Star WEEK.
3. Documents reveal that the Baltimore Ravens surprising run to the Super Bowl championship was an elaborate plan put together by the Atlanta police department as a way to get Ray Lewis’ fingerprints from the Lombardi Trophy.
Saying that I am cognizant about obeying the rules when driving would be an understatement.
Not to a point where I am danger to others…I will drive with the flow of traffic on highways and regular roads of travel, but I have never been given a ticket in 24 years on the road.
Stop signs are what I pay attention to most. The majority of people I know who have been ticketed, have been from not coming to a complete stop at a posted sign.
I came across a sign similar to this one on a military installation on Monday.
The sign was placed in a location where it didn’t need to be…there was nothing to stop for since there the traffic to the left of me was barricaded from any trafiic coming in my direction…and the military installation was free from traffic because of a weather issue.
But I stopped and then turned right.
The officer who pulled me over said that I did not. I didn’t argue, apologized at the appropriate time and left with a warning after he made me sit there for fifteen minutes after leaving me for another call before returning.
I came to the same ‘intersection’ today. I didn’t see the officer hiding…but I stopped…
…and then put the car in park…then in drive and then turned right.
Flashing lights appeared behind me and I pulled over in a safe place.
He came to my window and asked, “Do you know why I am pulling you over?”
I replied that I did not.
He said, “You stopped with attitude back there.”
If there was anyone with a sarcastic car…it would be me.